Thursday 7 May 2009

Two weeks of theatre craziness...

Heard from the NYT on Saturday - 10 weeks after my audition when they said it'd be 8 at the most! However, I cannot harbour too many ill feelings as my letter started with the words 'Congratulations'! Our post usually comes at about noon so when I was woken by letters falling onto the mat at 8am I should have seen it as a sign. When I eventually dragged myself out of bed and went to get the letter, I immediately thought I hadn't made it. The letter was way too thin. However, heart pounding, I opened the envelope, put my hand in, and thought, "There's more than one sheet of paper in here." I pulled them out, saw the word synymous with success and immediately began jumping around my house yelling quite loudly. Went and informed my Mum, who was very pleased and then proceeded to play, sign and jump around to Spring Awakening's 'Totally Fucked' very loudly. My sister found it all very amusing.

Once I'd calmed down a tad, I had the chance to look through the letter and get a lot more excited. The week sounds amazing and after a brief chat with the parents we decided I'd shell out the additional money to stay in halls at Laban in Greenwich, where the course is being held. This has meant, unfortunately, I've had to drop out of a summer holiday to Spain with some friends but they were all very supportive, saying I couldn't pass this up. I also spoke to J and W who I auditioned with, and unfortunately they didn't get in - but it was their first time auditioning, where it was my second. Just shows its worth it to get back the next year, which they're both going to do!

I've already been speaking to some people on Facebook who are on my course, and we've all been discussing what we might get up to, what other drama experiences we have had and where we might go clubbing in the evening! I actually cannot wait.

In other news, the past two nights I had my A2 performance of 'Lord of the Flies' which went very well. The er, disruptive nature of our group meant we hadn't actually had a full run through without pauses or laughter so performing the piece in its entirety was nice, and it seemed to go down a storm with the audience which was brilliant. Many of my teachers who had never seen me perform before also complimented me on my performance, which was very nice. Bit sad its over now though, the last performance I'll have at high school!

Lastly, booked tickets for my third trip to Spring Awakening for S's birthday for next Friday - I'm excited. Does that make me a bit sad?

0 comments: